Posted by James Markham, Last modified by James Markham on 26 February 2019 11:54 AM
Most D-Link modems follow relatively standard steps to configure, please note we no longer support D-Link devices.
The settings below are similar on most devices, although some differences may occur depending on firmware version, etc.
D-Link DVA G3670B, D-Link DSL-2730B and D-Link DSL 2750B
Connecting the device:
- The power cable will be plugged into the circular port on the left hand side of the rear of the modem.
- An ethernet cable can be connected into any of the four yellow LAN ports.
- A phone line cable should be connected into the left most port which either goes directly into a phone socket or into the "ADSL" port of a splitter.
Logging into the device:
Open an internet browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox), once this is open type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar.
- Login using the following details:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
- Click 'Setup Wizard'
- Click 'Next'
- Update your admin password (remember it to access your device next time instead of using 'admin'
- Enter your time and date settings (optional)
- Click 'Next'
- The next page will contain your Internet Connection details. Ensure that DSL Auto Scan is NOT selected.
|Internet Service Provider:
- The Username and Password details that have been provided in your Welcome Pack are to be entered on this page.
- Configure your wireless, note your WPA2 Key is your wireless password
- The remaining steps are optional, when completed your device will reboot