Posted by James Markham, Last modified by James Markham on 25 February 2019 01:34 PM
When the line has a working dial tone, is able to receive calls but is unable to make calls out.
These troubleshooting steps should be undertaken in order to resolve the issue:
- Check for a clear dial tone.
- Perform a CLI check, this requires you to make an outbound call to confirm the telephone number going to your premises. Depending on the cause of the issue you are experiencing, this may not work. Please dial and record the results of the following test numbers.
- 127 22 123:
- 1800 652 456:
- Note: If one of the above numbers result in a telephone number that is not your number – please contact our Technical Support team on 1300 303 375 for further investigation.
- Perform an isolation test. This involves removing any devices including telephone handsets, ADSL modems, fax machines, Foxtel Digital, back to base alarm systems, filters/splitters etc. from your telephone line.
- Once completed, plug your telephone directly into the phone socket and test outbound calls of the following types.
- Connect an alternate telephone handset and repeat step 4.
- Perform a POTS reset, this involves removing all devices connected to the telephone line once again, leaving the line completely isolated for 1 hour. After the hour has passed, plug in your telephone handset directly to the socket and test outbound calls.
Should you still experience problems after following the troubleshooting in this guide, please contact our Technical Support team on 1300 303 375.